We have placed more than 20 hives in Majengo Kahe- Kilimanjaro capable of producing up to 300 pounds (over 600 kg) of honey a year. We are working on building a network across other places in rural Tanzania where men will build the beehives and sell wide and far for a profit. In partnership with the adjoining villages- SOKO, MWANGARIA, KOCHAKINDO and KITERINI as the men and women in these villages are experienced beekeepers who have a network for distribution. Our goal is to improve the technology including better hives and processing and build out the Majengo market for honey and beeswax products growing the business far and wide.
TAREO AIM TO TO SUPPORT SDGs 11 GOALS WITH BELOW OUTCOMES:
- No poverty and hunger – creation of local livelihoods
- Good health and well-being – focusing in Gender equality .
- Decent work and local creation of social enterprises
- Sustainable communities – Responsible consumption and production.
- Nature conservation, pollination effects enhancing capturing greenhouse gas
- Life on lands – maintaining quality of environment and biodiversity of pristine areas